As our QA Lead, you take ownership of Quality Assurance at cofenster, including defining and implementing QA strategies, processes, objectives and metrics with respect to our business requirements, in addition to building and managing a small team of QA experts.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Define QA objectives and identify key metrics to monitor in order to understand where we are and how we perform with respect to our quality objectives.
- Collaborate with product management and the engineering team to translate business and technical requirements into quality requirements, testing scenarios and execution plans.
- Utilize QA best practices to establish and constantly improve a set of processes and test automation that ensure the quality of our product.
- Act as an advocate and mentor on QA best practices for the rest of the engineering team.
- Contribute to our ongoing certification initiatives (ISO 27001, SOC2…).
- In the future, build and lead a team of QA experts at cofenster.
What you should bring
- At least 7 years of experience in software engineering
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in technical leadership of QA teams, ideally in a SaaS business
- Knowledge of software testing comparable to the “Foundation level” of ISTQB
- Ability to plan and supervise complex test environments
- Experience with test management platforms and the ability to make a plan on how to best use them
- Proficiency with Jest and Cypress
- Result-driven mindset: an understanding of what needs to be done and what needs to be measured to progressively improve quality of a B2B SaaS product
What we offer
- An extraordinary culture of fun, trust, and achievement! 🥳 💙🏅
- Competitive compensation package based on your individual experience
- Quick professional growth opportunities based on your own interests and strengths
- A real hybrid culture: come to the office if and when you wish
- For those willing to join in the office, we offer a modern office in the heart of Hamburg, with a world-class barista and around-the-clock supply of fruits, coffee, tea, and snacks
- 30 vacation days a year
- A MacBook Pro, as well as home-office equipment for those working from home
- An Urban Sports Club membership (you can find the details under urbansportclub.com)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes cofenster stronger. 🚀
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for video, you will find a home at cofenster! 😊
cofenster is a video software company founded in 2020 and based in Hamburg. We believe seeing people over video creates empathy. For this reason, we have developed a tool so easy to use, it became the single point for companies to organize video communication, so employees can use self-made videos for everything they want to say. We call this the cofenster way of doing video.
Our cofenstis — this is how we call our team members — are passionate, curious, and ambitious people from all over the world, working together to achieve one goal: to increase empathy in the workplace. We have already made our way into companies such as Microsoft, Carlsberg and Beiersdorf. Now we want to bring the cofenster way of doing video to every company in Europe!