The impact you’ll have:
Our goal is to make professional video communication simple and empathetic, and you get to bring that vision to life! 🙌
As a frontend engineer, you will join one of our two cross-functional teams working on the core cofenster product — either on the video creation process, or on the growth-related topics.
You will be working on a mix of exciting new feature development (including documentation and tests) as well as ongoing maintenance work such as technical debt management and refactoring on our core platform.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Take part in the definition and development of the core cofenster product in one of the product teams, principally working on feature development
- Contribute to bettering the cofenster codebase by organizing refactoring and suggesting improvements
- Actively champion the move towards a more accessible product, enabling everyone, disabled people included, to use cofenster
- Develop and iterate on typically less valued disciplines such as security, accessibility, testability and performance
- Work closely with other disciplines and teams such as designers and customer support representatives
What you should bring
- At least 5 years of experience in frontend engineering, ideally more on the front of the frontend (HTML, CSS, accessibility, interface design…)
- Advanced knowledge of digital accessibility in order not only to bring it onto our product, but also to champion it in engineering and raise awareness in the company
- Experience with frontend automated testing in order to contribute to the development of our QA pipeline (for instance Jest, Cypress or other testing frameworks)
- Ability to work efficiently in an agile team, ideally with some experience having worked on a SaaS product before
What we offer
- An extraordinary culture of fun, trust, and achievement! 🥳 💙🏅
- Competitive compensation package based on your individual experience
- Quick professional growth opportunities based on your own interests and strengths
- A real hybrid culture: come to the office if and when you wish
- For those willing to join in the office, we offer a modern office in the heart of Hamburg, with a world-class barista and around-the-clock supply of fruits, coffee, tea, and snacks
- 30 vacation days a year
- A MacBook Pro, as well as home-office equipment for those working from home
- An Urban Sports Club membership (you can find the details under urbansportclub.com)
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes cofenster stronger. 🚀
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for video, you will find a home at cofenster! 😊
cofenster is a video software company founded in 2020 and based in Hamburg. We believe seeing people over video creates empathy. For this reason, we have developed a tool so easy to use, it became the single point for companies to organize video communication, so employees can use self-made videos for everything they want to say. We call this the cofenster way of doing video.
Our cofenstis — this is how we call our team members — are passionate, curious, and ambitious people from all over the world, working together to achieve one goal: to increase empathy in the workplace. We have already made our way into companies such as Microsoft, Carlsberg and Beiersdorf. Now we want to bring the cofenster way of doing video to every company in Europe!